Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, Project Standings, Latest Happenings

We are almost a week into the new year and so far I am just trying to get into the groove of what I want 2014 to be like for myself and my family. Since my last post I have had some major things happen. A week after my Nov 19th post I received a call from my step mom who told me that my dad was in the hospital after being rushed by ambulance when he had trouble breathing. Turned out that the 2 bottom chambers of his heart had stopped beating and they had to use the paddles and whole 9 yards to bring him back. My family and I rushed to Las Vegas to be with him and after a couple of days he was doing great but then they had to put in a pacemaker and things went south quickly. My dad crashed on the operating table and his brain swelled. The brain damage was too much for him to come back from and we lost him on December 8th. Although this has been just as hard as losing my mom in 2012 I was able to keep it together because my dad and I were at such a great place in our relationship. I have been peaceful knowing that now both of my parents are watching over myself and my family.
Using this time and experience to remember what is important and how I want my life to go. Neither one of my parents ever had a project list that didn't get completed quickly so I have been using their ways to inspire me with my ridiculously long To Do List. First off we did find plans for a new chicken coop which will be built next month, I have thrown out a lot of paperwork and rearranged my 2 car garage. I was also able to turn my garden beds and get more soil in so that they can't be planted (as soon as I get my seeds in the mail). Getting some of this clutter that accumulates without even realizing it cleared out has also been a daily task. I have been cleaning out 2 spots a day whether that is 2 drawers in the kitchen, 1 toy box & 1 cabinet or 2 drawers in the kids rooms, etc. In the last 4 days I can already see a huge improvement! The holidays, as bummed out as we were, got us off track with our diet (surprise surprise) but I have been able to reel that in too with menu planning because it saves you time, money and frustration.
I hope your 2014 is everything you want it to be and that the things on your resolution list come easy and that you are filled with inspiration, joy, good health and determination!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment