Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Will The Real Project Completer Please Stand Up?

I don't know what it is in me that makes me 100% sure that I can take on way more that any person should but I love love love the feeling of being busy. Between my husband and I we have a To Do list full of great and wonderful projects but can't seem to get our schedules to calm down and therefore these projects move along at a snails pace. This problem does not just save itself for my family as I have many friends with the same problems and if this is my only frustration then I am very blessed. One thing that keeps popping in my mind is that both my dad and my husband have a saying- "Proper planning prevents piss poor performance." I've got to take this to heart and starting to plan more. If it has helped my dinner time madness by having a meal plan, doctor appointments, house cleaning, school schedules, etc. then surely it has to help with the projects, right? So here is a few of the top items on our list
-Build new chicken coop
-Repaint our two youngest bedroom
-Turn the garden beds for our Winter planting
-Finish the garages (turing the 1 car garage AKA- workshop into just a workshop and making my 2 car garage into a man cave)
-Finish the upstairs living room (we've been making a couch out of pallets)
-Get Master bathroom remodeled
Between having 4 kids, working, running a business (which includes assisting others run their businesses), working on the 15 websites we own, creating a non profit, writing an eBook, keeping up with our house, animals, wanna be urban farm and staying on track with our diet--- well its crazy! Even though I am up promptly at 5am everyday and in bed at 9:30pm I still don't think that I have enough time in the day.
So now I'm off to grab my family binder and get the section 'Projects' a good workout and get some proper planning done! Good luck to you and whatever craziness you may be facing this Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment